Hill Holliday Overview:
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories. We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Content team lives within the Strategy department, bringing diverse collaboration to the digital and brand planning realm. Our content strategists are relentlessly obsessed with relevance: synthesizing research to discover content opportunities, developing and designing strategic content strategies, and executing programs that resonate so effectively with the target audience they exceed business KPIs and drive measurable results. Their expertise stretches across right and left brain thinking, whether it’s discovering an insight/human truth to inform content strategies, ideating a first-in-category editorial piece, churning on a news cycle or digging into analytics platforms to glean a new insight about how last month’s editorial calendar performed. The team moves fast, collaborates quickly, and uses every available resource. They’re experts in news trends, industry conversation, the latest media publications and new content formats.
The Strategist, Content will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day strategic leadership for end-to-end client content programs (blog, content hub, article, video, lead-generation, email newsletter etc.)
- Executing and building on the strategic vision of a content program including:
- Strategy: Applying brand KPIs to content outcomes, partnering with senior leadership to identify, design and optimize content programs that drive business results
- Creative: creative ideation, content briefing, editorial oversight and editing, visual content, and publishing.
- Analytics: synthesizing content metrics and ideating creative solutions to identify and exceed KPIs from data sources like Google Analytics, Moz, Google Search Console, Adobe.
- Collaborating with internal agency partners to achieve client content platform goals including Analytics, Research, Brand Strategy, Creative (Art, Copy), UX and Web Development.
- Serving as client-facing lead for content programs with superior client relationship communication skills
- Fluency in UX best practices, website operations, and Analytics preferred
- Maintaining and optimizing existing external agency relationships and partners, collaborating to achieve quick, effective client outcomes
- Owning work streams within content strategy, including editorial playbooks, strategic planning (editorial calendars, quarterly planning, etc.), developing narratives of weekly reports
- Identifying, communicating and strategically adapting programs tot trends in the space, including content marketing, trends related to client business vertical, media, etc. Command of developing client-facing and internal decks, including storytelling, strategic development and communicating complex ideas into slideware
- Google Analytics certified, preferred. Other certifications like HubSpot Inbound, Google AdWords, General Assembly, SEMRush, etc.
- Fluent in WordPress, Drupal, AP Style
- Able to prioritize work, manage through change and help support junior team members through change.
- Plays a lead role in team and client meetings and workshops.
- Diplomatically manages feedback from various team members and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team has what is needed to be successful.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Experience managing projects and deliverables with little oversight.
- Can maintain momentum on projects and deliverables when priorities change and circumstances get demanding.
- Ingenuity that provides new thinking and ideas for the team to deliver great work.
- 5+ years of experience in branded content publishing, editorial strategy, content marketing. 2+ years in an agency environment preferred. Preferred diversity of B2B and B2C projects. Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field