At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people . And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
As a Talent Acquisition & HR Manager you will be joining the Human Resources team. We are the team that brings all the teams together. We attract, hire, develop, and retain each and every one of the humble, hungry humans we employ here. We’re responsible for protecting our award-winning culture, and foster both personal and professional growth that make this workplace feel a little bit less like work every day. We’re authentic, honest leaders that help our agency, and our people, grow.
This position is a hybrid role that will manage the full life cycle of the recruitment process for all levels of positions and aspects of the HR Business Partner function. You'll manage recruitment across agency disciplines (account management, creative, studio production, etc) along with handling HR Business Partner functions including new hire orientation, coach/advising managers on performance reviews and feedback conversations, and assist with resolutions to employee relations issues. As a member of the HR team and business partners within the organization to support their staffing needs and participates in and initiates employment related projects to meet the agency's objectives.
- Manages employment activities, to ensure that properly qualified candidates are recruited and hired in accordance with the needs of the agency and in compliance with legal guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with HR team on the successful administration and processing of: candidate offers, new hire paperwork and on-boarding, employee position and/or salary changes, employee terminations/departures, temporary employee and/or freelancer hiring, HRIS reporting, and other HR operations.
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees in assigned departments and work with managers and department heads to address trends and patterns as necessary.
- Oversees talent channel management in the sourcing, recruitment and hiring of employees, to include staffing augmentation needs (freelancers and independent contractors).
- Partners with the HR Business Partners to proactively plan, organize and build staffing plans for current and future hiring needs of the organization (NYC and Boston offices)
- Partners with HR staff to develop plans to reduce turnover and establishes systems and procedures to support an efficient and timely recruiting process.
- Builds and manages relationships with sources of employment including Agency Conferences, Professional Organizations, Diversity groups, Universities and Trade Schools.
- Partners with HR staff to coordinate campus recruitment and builds relationships with various Universities and Colleges to create a pipeline of entry level talent.
- Focuses on continuous improvement for talent delivery and researches various hiring processes and recommends appropriate changes in an effort to enhance existing programs.
- Partners to build and support diversity initiatives that relate to hiring.
- Determines and adheres to all budgetary requirements within the Recruiting Department
- Assists in the development of recruitment branding and interview guides.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years progressive experience in Human Resources administration with an emphasis on Recruiting and Selection preferably in the advertising or professional services industry.
- Experience with and knowledge of all legal aspects of recruitment and selection, discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, federal/state wage and hour laws required.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills as well as proficient computer skills including Microsoft applications, HRIS and web base recruiting.
- Ability to communicate positively and constructively with a wide variety of people including agency leadership, department heads, individual managers, employees, HR peers, job candidates, vendors, etc.
- Past working experience in an advertising or creative agency ideal but not required.