Hill Holliday is looking for a Senior IT Support Technician temporarily to start ASAP for at least 6-8 weeks (potentially longer). I will serve as a critical member of the IT Operations team. In this role, the candidate must be a subject matter expert on the Desktop components of the enterprise computing environment.
The ideal candidate should possess an understanding of proper testing and deployment of new software and solutions to the enterprise. The Senior IT Support Technician will be part of a team responsible for troubleshooting various IT issues including AV systems, Macintosh and PC hardware and operating systems, software, peripherals, Office 365, network connectivity, printing services and mobility devices.
- Document, track, and monitor end-user technical problems and ensure their timely resolution. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal computer performance and user experience.
- Manages projects and helps engineer AV infrastructure and desktop computing environments.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency creating and updating documentation and assisting with compliance needs, and takes ownership of broader program documentation and compliance needs, when appropriate
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in application compatibility and support within the Windows and Mac environments
- Demonstrates proficiency with Desktop and Asset Management tools
- Demonstrates proficiency with imaging for Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Manage existing PC inventory
- Demonstrates understanding of Quality Assurance and Application Testing methods for enterprise software delivery and support
- Assist senior IT members with new application and process rollouts
- Works with owners of major deliverables and smaller programs/projects, assisting them as needed
- Takes personal accountability for on-time, on-budget, quality execution
- Ability to see beyond explicit assignment and identify broader, longer term opportunities and benefits
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement to team and client practices and processes
- Team player.
- Fine-tuned and advanced AV troubleshooting skills.
- Fine-tuned and advanced troubleshooting skills on OS X and Windows 10.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent listening skills and verbal communication.
- Customer service mindset.
- Must be comfortable with face to face interaction.
3-5 years of experience supporting Macintosh and Windows computers and AV systems in a corporate WAN environment including the troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and maintenance of associated AV systems, desktops, laptops, Operating Systems, printers and peripherals. JAMF experience and/or certification is a plus. Apple Technical certification is also a plus. Ability to lift 30 lbs.
BA/BS degree preferred, ideally in IT/IS/MIS/CIS or engineering disciplines