At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Creatives aren't just creative when it comes to advertising. They're habitually creative. They live and breathe it. They see things differently. They do things abnormally. They are wacky. They are simultaneously brilliant and idiotic. They "get it." They also can't stop writing sentences that begin with "they." Are you one of they?
Hill Holliday is looking for a Creative Director - Copy (CD - Copy) to work on our Dunkin' Donuts client. This Creative Director (CD - Copy) plays a key role in setting the strategic creative direction for integrated campaigns and/or single executions for the brand. Using proven talent, versatility, and consistent conceptual thinking, the CD leads the development of creative work that communicates the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
- Ensure that all creative work reflects an appropriate approach to client objectives in terms of creativity, good taste, and potential for impact.
- Articulate and advocate a vision and voice for the brand with an understanding and respect for the brand personality.
- Partner with account team, and others within the agency to ensure that strategies are insightful and will stimulate good work.
- Develop and guide break-through creative ideas that incorporate input from client, agency team, and personal research
- Inspire others and create/maintain an environment where big ideas consistently occur and thrive.
- Continuously pursue better creative work across multiple channels, with the goal of measurable results for clients and increased revenue for the agency.
- Consistently deliver/oversee big ideas, and produce high quality, award winning work that enhances the agency-client relationship.
- Exercise a quality control function with regard to all ongoing creative work in process for clients – provide clear/objective critiques of staff’s work during development.
- Persuasively present and defend creative work to internal teams and clients.
- Operate in the best interest of both the client and the agency by using creative and agency resources judiciously and considering cost ramifications.
- Maintain an awareness of ongoing assignments through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Ensure that all work is delivered on time, and regularly report the status of projects to the account team and client.
- Mentor, guide, and formally manage other creatives on one or more client accounts.
- Evaluate creative staff, write performance reviews, review compensation, establish creative account assignments, make staffing decisions, etc.
- Regularly act as the creative lead for new business activities.
- Maintain consistently high creative advertising standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends (and disseminate such information to others on the Creative team).
- Actively participate in industry organizations, events, award shows, etc. as a professional representative of the agency and our clients.
- Network externally and be aware of key players, new talent, trends, etc.
- Intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues and obstacles.
- A high degree of professional maturity.
- Sound and prudent decision making and professional judgment.
- Ability to oversee large campaigns and multiple projects across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present work to internal teams and clients.
- Ability to take feedback from internal teams and clients.
- Consistent, proven creative talent (a significant number of well produced, big idea campaigns)
- Leadership and management experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience