About Hill Holliday Health: We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both New York and Boston, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Alcon, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and ALK Pharmaceuticals. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit https://www.hhcc.com/health.
We are looking for an Art Director to join our team in our New York office. He/she plays a key role in setting the strategic creative direction for integrated campaigns and/or single executions for the brand(s). Using proven talent, versatility, and consistent conceptual thinking, the CD leads the development of creative work that communicates the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
The CD also has responsibility for managing other creatives on the team. He/she must collaborate with the Executive Creative Director to allocate work assignments, provide opportunities for development, and foster and promote a productive and effective team environment.
- Ensure that all creative work reflects an appropriate approach to client objectives in terms of creativity, good taste, and potential for impact.
- Articulate and advocate a vision and voice for the brand(s) with an understanding and respect for the brand personality.
- Partner with HHH account team, and others within the agency to ensure that strategies are insightful and will stimulate good work.
- Develop and guide break-through creative ideas that incorporate input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Inspire others and create/maintain an environment where big ideas consistently occur and thrive.
- Continuously pursue better creative work across multiple channels, with the goal of measurable results for clients and increased revenue for the HHH.
- Consistently deliver/oversee big ideas, and produce high quality, award winning work that enhances HHH and the agency-client relationship.
- Exercise a quality control function with regard to all ongoing creative work in process for clients – provide clear/objective critiques of staff’s work during development.
- Persuasively present and defend creative work to internal teams and clients.
- Operate in the best interest of both the client and the agency by using creative and agency resources judiciously and considering cost ramifications.
- Maintain an awareness of ongoing assignments through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Ensure that all work is delivered on time, and regularly report the status of projects to the account team and client.
- Mentor, guide, and formally manage other creatives on one or more client accounts.
- Evaluate creative staff, write performance reviews, review compensation, establish creative account assignments, make staffing decisions, etc.
- Regularly act as the creative lead for new business activities.
- Maintain consistently high creative advertising standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends (and disseminate such information to others on the Creative team).
- Actively participate in industry organizations, events, award shows, etc. as a professional representative of the agency and our clients.
- Network externally and be aware of industry knowledge, key players, new talent, trends, etc.
- Aptitude for working within strict regulations.
- Intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues and obstacles.
- A high degree of professional maturity.
- Sound and prudent decision making and professional judgment.
- Ability to oversee large campaigns and multiple projects across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present work to internal teams and clients.
- Ability to take feedback from internal teams and clients.
- Consistent, proven creative talent (a significant number of well produced, big idea campaigns)
- Leadership and management experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience