Trilia Media is the boutique media agency arm of Hill Holliday. What makes us unique? Our integration with creative and the way we are able to holistically look at the marketplace when planning and investing our clients’ media budgets. In today’s ever-changing media landscape, knowing where to invest marketing dollars to deliver results can stump even the savviest marketers. That’s where we come in. We combine best-in-class media solutions with breakthrough media receptivity to truly move the needle for our clients, all while keeping one objective in mind – do more of the things that work. It's a deceptively simple concept: Do more. Waste less.
The primary responsibility of the Director, Digital Ad/Media Operations will be to oversee the digital ad operations process and work with creative, media, analytics, and clients to assess, develop and manage media project timelines, identify appropriate roles/responsibilities and key stakeholders, understand the current and opportunity technology solutions, as well as the implementation across all client campaigns.
The Director, Digital Ad/Media Operations is also responsible for working with the senior leadership across Trilia and Hill Holliday. They are to identify and/or develop solutions to help establish an operations center of excellence, support client needs, provide consultative support from a technical and operational perspective to the creative and media teams, develop best practices and improve the efficiency of delivery. This is a client facing role, where the Director must participate in meetings, representing ad operations capabilities and issues as it relates to ad serving.
This individual will be expected to have a solid understanding of key technologies in the space and collaborate closely with existing and future partners, as well as integration with current media buying solutions and technologies.
Media Operations Management:
- Create and enforce processes for the Agency, educating teams and consolidating input for process improvements.
- Ensure flawless execution across campaign life cycle: onboarding, implementation, optimization, QA, measurement/reporting, and post campaign QA.
- Expert in marketing technology, including Data Management Platforms (Neustar), Enterprise CRM (Salesforce, Marketo), Third Party Ad Servers (DoubleClick Campaign Manager) and 1st Party Data Onborders (LiveRamp)
- A technical authority for all aspects involved in running online ad campaigns (including trafficking of Display, Video, Social, Native etc.)
- Drive the creation of technology and tools to improve manual pieces of the media process.
- Work closely with internal departments (creative, media, analytics) and external partners (publishers/tech vendors) to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly.
- Familiar with the IAB/AAAA’s best practices and guidelines and their impact on media activities, contracts, and insertion orders with vendors. Coordinates review with IPG legal teams as needed, and can explain complex legal implications to media teams.
- Create centralized and consolidated system for gathering digital inputs from clients and owning traffic sheet inputs for communication with internal teams to guide media trafficking.
- Support QA of assets and understand strategy behind the inputs.
- Support dynamic creative process (understand the needs of creative and media), own the feed/document and addition or removal of assets, troubleshooting etc. Partner closely with media and platform teams to execute against the strategy.
- Creates and maintains digital processes for the agency, vendors, and clients. Educates teams, schedules check-ins for ongoing maintenance and helps ensure adoption.
- Create training programs where teams pass/become certified at the end with all strategic partners of the Agency.
- Identify how we can integrate offline data more seamlessly as required due to industry/marketplace changes with shift toward cookieless tracking.
Finance Operations Management:
- End to end process champion, overseeing all aspects of financial operations including new client onboarding, media authorizations, buy entry, client billing, and vendor reconciliation, in partnership with the media owners.
- Familiarity with MediaTools, including Prisma for Agencies and Spectra OX for media buying and reconciliation support.
- Manage relationship with IPG Financial Operations as it relates to vendor invoice discrepancies, billing and issue resolution.
- Collaboration with Finance on all revenue tracking, including client forecasting, time management, and resource utilization.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Has strong organization and time management skills and can manage several projects at once.
- Thrives when working on a range of projects and switching gears regularly, enjoys supporting multiple clients/teams at once.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and has a strong attention to detail.
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
- Knows how to collaborate with team members, and manage/inspire a team in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Has a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Has confidence in meetings and presentations, and can easily present to clients without coaching or support from senior leadership.
- Can focus on both the strategic and the tactical in mind at the same time, with the ability to dig in and roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
- Enjoys thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems.
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos, can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations.
- At least 10+ years digital industry experience (agency, publisher or vendor)
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Expert in third-party ad servers and marketing technology
- Comfortable working with technology and computers (eg. Html coding, tagging, complex UX strategies)
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in leading and development of an ad operations group