Hill Holliday is unique because of our integration with creative and the way we are able to holistically look at the marketplace when planning and investing our clients’ media budgets. Our teams work across all media channels and platforms regardless if it’s YouTube, MTV, Hulu, Spotify, or Vogue. With the insights from our internal research team, we create and activate paid, owned, and earned experiences for the consumer.
The VP, Media Director is a member of the Integrated Strategy & Planning team. This team uses science to understand what motivates a person, and then we create ideas designed to move people. We take those ideas and make them go wherever, whenever people are.
The role of the VP, Media Director is to lead the strategic development of media plans and monitor media activity on large account groups to ensure media activity is completed and delivered accurately and timely to the client. This role is the strategic advisor on all aspects of media planning and buying as well as being the leader of client relations and interdepartmental integration.
- Understands all aspects of clients’ business and marketing goals
- Thinks as a communications strategist – agnostic about media or disciplines
- Provides thought leadership and POV on trends in the industry
- Presents media plans and recommendations to assigned client accounts
- Institutes media checks and balances to ensure all work is aligned with plan strategy
- Monitors effectiveness of media plans and directs media staff on strategic development plan
- Responsible for training and development of staff and creating institutional knowledge
- Aids Group Media Director in monitoring account profitability and adherence to procedures
- Plays an active role in department functions such as investigating new media applications, proposing ways to streamline processes and produces, and advising on staff structure
- Participates in new business project assignments as requested
- Cultivates and manages relationships with internal departments
- Positive role model, responsible for department morale, development and growth
- Minimum 10 years of experience in media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred
- Experience managing national and local budgets for integrated media campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Displays leadership qualities
- Experience being an exemplary inclusive leader and developer to teams, clients and the agency.
- Identifies opportunities for positive change in work and process and drives them through their teams.
- A mentor to others to support their long-term learning and growth.
- Consistently exerts influence at the senior most levels to influence agency operations and decisions.
- Remains steadfast and solutions-focused through change identifying opportunities and solving problems, and inspiring confidence in their teams and the agency.
- Partners with talent team to forecast, pipeline and expand talent pool for future needs and growth.
- Thought leader on area of expertise and the industry, expressed through trainings, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Drives highly effective and healthy teams across the agency, with partners and clients.
- Addresses challenges and solves problems with an inclusive approach, ensuring various voices and perspectives are heard and the solution benefits all, not just an individual or group.
- Coaches directors, managers, and other team members on effectively managing team dynamics.
- Identifies development needs and implements trainings and cross-learning.
- Creates/leads D+I events and initiatives, speakers series, and/or other cultural and team-building offerings for their teams and beyond; encourages team and direct reports to engage and participate in related events.
Accountability for Results
- Creates innovative opportunities for teams to positively impact the business.
- Develops innovative ways of getting work done that improves process and deliverables across teams and/or clients.
- Ensures that results and impact of work is regularly communicated and celebrated internally and to clients, and that challenges and shortcomings are equally communicated, addressed and improved.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Advocate and amplify diverse perspectives
- Continuous education on managing diverse teams/departments
- Engage in network wide ED&I programs
- Manage Team to prioritize and produce inclusive work/culture