About Hill Holliday Health:
We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both Boston or New York, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Regeneron, Bayer, Intra-cellular, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Allergan, Ironwood and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit https://www.hhcc.com/health
The Strategy team brings diverse collaboration to the digital and planning realm. Our strategists don’t just understand the consumers – they influence them. They're constantly identifying opportunities to engage and motivate customers during their journey, while also developing strategies that inform winning ideas. Their ability to develop brands that excel in purpose, positioning, and personality is remarkable. They’re laser-focused on enhancing the online relationship between our brands and their customers. They’re prepared to move fast, collaborate quickly, and use every resource available to take our work to the next level. They’re obsessively curious about emerging social platforms, mobile apps, and digital trends – and fearless in their exploration of these new areas.
This VP, Strategy role will be responsible for:
- Acting as the senior-level client lead on digital and social strategy for our Healthcare client brand(s), seen as the subject-matter expert in social media behaviors, platforms strategy development and best practices.
- Having a strong, and collaborative voice at the table to represent strategy and the HHH team.
- Deeply understanding our client’s business and the healthcare industry, and building insights and innovative digital creative opportunities that deliver results in this space.
- Presenting recommendations and POVs that guide clients to where they should be activating in the market to further their brand.
- Providing thought leadership and intel on new-to-market digital/social platforms.
- Collaborating with external media agencies on social channel strategies, providing guidance to clients on media mix.
- Leading proprietary research on behalf of the agency with support from the rest of the strategy team.
- Working with the internal partners to help curate creative ideas/concepts; ensuring thoughts are included from all parties (creative, UX, tech, analytics, etc.).
- Owning the social and digital strategy component of new business pitches.
- Having a direct involvement in agency work and output beyond oversight of the work.
- Managing and mentoring junior strategy team members on their work, strengthening the story and impact; taking it from good to great.
- A strong, inclusive leader who has experience driving work forward and leading the success of their team and client.
- Ability to manage and inspire a productive, diverse team.
- Ability to drive prioritization for the team and lead them through changes.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and is respected by clients and peers.
- Confident decision-maker who has a point of view and knows when and how to share it.
- Emerging as a thought leader in the area of expertise.
- Takes responsibility for the health and effectiveness of the team internally, with partners, and with clients.
- Supports others' ideas and voices and creates an environment that encourages collaboration.
- Effectively uses collaboration to the benefit of business, ensuring efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrates mature leadership and empathy during difficult team situations.
Accountability for Results:
- Anticipates and addresses potential challenges in getting on-time, on-budget deliverables and adjusts team priorities and processes accordingly.
- Utilizes knowledge of our business and our client's business to proactively offer innovative solutions to challenges even when it hasn't been asked for.
- Holds the team accountable in driving to results.
- Demonstrates that the team is a valuable, strategic partner to their clients/
- 10+ years of experience in a digital, media or advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Healthcare/pharmaceutical category experience strongly preferred