The VP, Talent Experience is responsible for the individual experience of each employee of Hill Holliday. This position will develop and implement programs in support of onboarding, career pathing and mobility, performance evaluations, growth and development and general employee relations along the journey. All programs and efforts will be measured for success tied to specific business outcomes. The role will partner with the SVP, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging and VP, Talent Attraction and Recruitment.
- Employee Relations:
- Act as neutral voice for the agency to balance the needs of employees with the goals of the business.
- Lead conflict resolution efforts between managers, employees and teams, and guide teams to more effective communication for problem solving.
- Use objective data collection to solicit employee feedback and resolve concerns and issues.
- Understand and effectively implement employment law and compliance requirements.
- Establish a collaborative partnership with managers and new employees to set the foundation for an effective, long-term working relationship.
- Decrease time-to-productivity for new hires with comprehensive support, training and immersion in the agency, department, client and team processes, practices and expectations.
- Foster a climate of inclusion and belonging.
- Career Pathing and Mobility:
- Offer transparent, inclusive and equitable advancement practices and processes for talent to grow.
- Provide employees insight into their skills and competencies, how to leverage those to advance their individual career path and what the process for advancement looks like for their role.
- Identify high potential employees and develop plans to advance them into leadership roles.
- Performance Evaluations:
- Lead a performance evaluation process that is continuous and timely throughout the review period so that employees know how they are doing, what is expected of them and how their success will be measured.
- Support managers with insights into the motivations and drivers of the people working for them to improve the quality of the evaluation and the resulting performance.
- Growth and Development:
- Identify development programs to build the skills and abilities needed among employees to support the organizational goals.
- Encourage and reward learning through opportunities in hands-on experiences, exposure through mentorship and sponsorship and formal and informal education opportunities.
- Provide access to equitable growth and advancement.
- A strong, inclusive leader who has experience driving work forward and leading the success of their team and client.
- Ability to manage and inspire a productive, diverse team.
- Ability to drive prioritization for the team and lead them through changes.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and is respected by clients and peers.
- Confident decision-maker who has a point of view and knows when and how to share it.
- Emerging as a thought leader on area of expertise.
- Takes responsibility for the health and effectiveness of the team internally, with partners, and with clients.
- Supports others' ideas and voices and creates and environment that encourages collaboration.
- Effectively uses collaboration to the benefit of business, ensuring efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrates mature leadership and empathy during difficult team situations.
Accountability for Results
- Anticipates and addresses potential challenges in getting on-time, on-budget deliverables and adjusts team priorities and processes accordingly.
- Utilizes knowledge of our business and our client's business to proactively offer innovative solutions to challenges even when it hasn't been asked for.
- Holds the team accountable in driving to results.
- Demonstrates that the team is a valuable, strategic partner to their clients
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Advocate and amplify diverse perspectives
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Foster and promote inclusivity with agency
- Manage Team to prioritize and produce inclusive work/culture
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite software.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of HR experience including talent management and performance management.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.